Sunday, October 4, 2009

Monday, October 5th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show, Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio!


I am sitting here writing this at the hockey rink. As I sit here looking at the parents and kids week after week, it makes me realize how important one of our guests is today. In our second hour, I will be joined by Patricia DiBartolo, PhD, who is an associate professor of psychology at Smith College and we will be talking about perfectionism. If you think its ok to strive for perfection you will be surprised at what Dr. DiBartolo has to say. Find out how trying to be "to good" may be hurting you or your child.

If you have any questions at all about competition, perfection or "type-A" in you or your child, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Our first hour promises to be extremely exciting as well. As I look at the snack bar here at the rink, with its wide variety of peanuts, peanut oil fried products and sushi (just kidding!) it reminds me of the importance of food allergies. Joining me to talk about this important issue is allergist Dr. Paul Ehrlich, the author of "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Allergy and Asthma" will be live with us answering all of you questions about food allergies!

If you are worried about food allergies in you or a loved one call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS

Flu Season: thanks to swine flu it is here already. and with regular flu season (as well as cold season, pneumonia season, etc.) coming in fast with the winter months, its time for diabetics to start thinking about their special needs if they get sick. Joining me on the line will be dietician Amanda Kirpitch of the Joslin Diabetes Center . If you are or love a diabetic, you are going to want to hear this!

Of course, we will have a full half hour of Ask Dr. Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all! Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS


No comments: