Sunday, June 6, 2010

Monday, June 10th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio!


I am writing this morning recovering from a weekend of joy: weddings, bar mitvah's...there has been a lot for me to do and go to this weekend! And although the person that is me had a great time, the doctor in me is constantly thinking about food safety, overeating and exercise to make up for it. We'll be talking a little bit about all of those topics tomorrow.

First, the bowels. C. difficile is a growing problem both inside and outside the hospital. This bacteria, which usually infects people treated with other antibiotics, has become more prevalent and more resistant to traditional forms of treamtment. Join me and Dr. Bruce Yacyshyn, a gastroenterologist at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, who is involved in a national trial looking into a vaccine that could prevent C. diff!

Dr. Yacyshyn is an expert on colitis and IBS as well. Call us with your digestive questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After a few events, even the most "iron-stomached" of us can get some heartburn. But what if you need take medications for GERD or constant heartburn? A few weeks ago, we interviewed Dr. Michael Howell from Beth Israel about how common heartburn medications are a risk for C. difficile in patients who are hospitalized: today he is coming back to tell us about how the FDA's new warning saying these drugs may cause osteoporosis in patient's using these drugs chronically! Since these are amongst the most commonly used drugs in the Nation, either you or someone you know is on them and you ARE GOING TO WANT TO HEAR THIS!

Call us with your questions about osteoporosis risk and heartburn medication at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Right now, all I am thinking is that I need to get to the gym...or else. and all my body is telling me is that sitting on the couch is a perfectly fine thing to do....is it in my genes? Tuomo Rankinen, PhD., an expert in exercise genetics and an Associate Professor with the Human Genomic Laboratory at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge (affiliated with LSU) will tell us about research looking at how your genes affects your desire to exercise!!!

If you've ever wondered why your spouse can spend hours in the gym and you just want to hit the couch...give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end our show, as usual with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all! Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

You can also email me at irabreite@yahoo.com.
don't forget...the new Doctor Radio Email is docs@siriusxm.com (this goes directly to SiriusXM).

image source:

1 comment:

Becky Lynch said...

i already gave up on ever getting cured of HSV2 because i have try many treatment none of them work out for me i have go to different hospital they always tell me same thing there is no cure for herpes when i came across a post about Dr ohunyom, in the net from a lady called Angela i contacted him and he reassured me with him herbal medicine which i took according to the way he instructed, that how i was cured. I doubted at first because i have been to a whole lot of reputable doctors, tried a lot of medicines but none was able to cure me. so i decided to listen to him and he commenced treatment, and under two weeks i was totally fee from #Herpes. i want to say a very big thank you to DR ohunyom for what he has done in my life. feel free to leave him a message on email drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973..
He can still be able to help you with this herbs medicine:
1...ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILESY/HPV CURE/LUPUS/HEPATITIS/CANCER/GOUT