Sunday, March 11, 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius XM 81: Doctor Radio!


I hope everyone is doing well. Tomorrow on my show...my new Academic Boss! Dr. Mark Pochapin, who has just started as the Division Director for Gastroenterology is coming in. Its Colon Cancer Prevention Month, and Dr. Pochapin, the author of "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Colorectal Cancer: New Tests, New Treatments, New Hope," will be talking about colon cancer prevention, his research (including probiotics!) and taking your questions on colon cancer prevention and digestive diseases in general...give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

The Gastroenterology does not stop after this (bad pun sort intended after the fact). During Digestive Disease update I will take your callls on a variety of digestive disease issues, and tell you about some of the latest and greatest news in the world of digestive diseases.

If you or a loved one ever had your appendix out, the pain and misery of the disease and procedure were tempered by the fact that the pesky organ "didn't really do anything." But...well...maybe it does. Join me and Dr. William Parker, Jr, PhD from the Duke University Medical Center as we talk about what your appendix actually does.

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you ask me any question on any medical topic at all and I will be glad to answer...anything you forgot to ask your doctor, ask me! Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

No comments: