Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monday, August 20th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!

As I write this, I am reading about a large Salmonella outbreak in parts of the United States.  Listeria has also been reported as well.  Food born diarrhea is always a problem.  Having said that, an emerging problem is C. difficile colitis, which has been traditionally associated with people in hospitals receiving antibiotics.  It is now becoming a community problem as well.  C. diff is extremely different to kill, and new treatments are needed.  Join me and University of Cincinnati Dr. Bruce Yacyshyn as we talk about  his research into a vaccine for C. difficile!

Continuing are Gastroenterology discussion, we are going to have Gastroenterology Update after this.  I will tell you some of the latest news in the world of Digestive Disease, and answer your questions on heartburn, gallstones, constipation or any other intestinal related problem out there!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

As if there wasn't enough for baby boomers to do.  Now that check up season is around the corner, there is something else that baby boomers are supposed to do.  Join me and Dr. Ian Lustbader as we talk about the CDC's new recommendation that people born from 1945 to 1965 receive at least one test for exposure to the hepatitis C virus.  Find out why the government wants everyone tested for a disease that has traditionally been associated with blood transfusions and intravenous drug use.

Questions?  Call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end the show, as always, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all: anything you forgot to ask your doctor, ask me!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

Plastic Surgery NYC