Sunday, September 30, 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio

I'm drinking coffee as I write this (at a hockey rink, waiting for my kids game).  Its keeping me awake, but is it any good for me?  While I won't have the answer to that on Monday morning, I will have some answer for all of those tea drinkers.  Jeffrey Blumberg, PhD will tell us about the latest findings about what scientific research says about tea and your health.  An expert on nutrition and anti-oxidants at Tufts University, he will tell us about the latest findings from 5th Annual Symposium on Tea and Human Health!

Tea totaler?  Drink the stuff?  Should you? Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After this we will have Gastroenterology Update...where I will tell you some of the latest and greatest news from the world of Digestive Disease and answer your GI questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Although my favorite part of being a doctor is finding low tech solutions to people's medical problems, sometimes you just need the toys to help heal someone.  And sometimes those toys are a pain.  An example would be pins that an orthopedist puts in (and then has to take out).  What if you could make medical materials that would just dissolve when the time was right?  Join me and University of Illinois Professor John Rogers as we talk about about his new discovery: physically transient forms of silicon electronics.  Yeah, I don't know what that means either, but we will find out.   It may revolutionize medical treatment for a variety of diseases!

We will end the show with "Ask Doctor Ira," where you can ask me any medical question on any topic at all...anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me.  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS....or tweet me a question to @doctorira...short questions are sometimes the best!

No comments: