Sunday, February 2, 2014

Monday, February 3, 2014 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show On SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!


Superbowl mania has hit New York City.  Ok, not really; more like fear of Superbowl traffic.  I have been particularly inconvienenced  by the "Bud Light Hotel," a large cruise ship docked on the Westside Highway.  Which got me thinking about Norovirus, which is NOT on the Bud Light boat but is on several cruise ships at the moment.  Norovirus in particularly contagious, and you don't need to be on a cruise ship to get it.  Find out more with me and Dr. Marc Siegel, Fox News Channel medical correspondent and the Medical Director of Doctor Radio.

After this we will have gastroenterology update, where I will tell your some of the latest and greatest innovations in the world of digestive disease and answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Or, tweet me at @doctorira!

Lobotomy.  The word is now mostly hurled by teenagers to each other as an insult, but at one time it was a standard part of medical practice.  Find out about "The Lobotomy Files: the story of the VA lobotomies of veterans during and after World War II," from Michael Phillips, a staff reporter at the Wall Street Journal.

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all...anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

image source: CDC

No comments: