Sunday, March 23, 2014

Monday, March 24th, 2014 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!



Happy Spring! We continue with our theme of colon cancer prevention as we exit the harshness of March and head towards Spring.  Dr. Chris Dimaio, the head of therapeutic endoscopy at Mount Sinai Medical Center, will be joining us to talk about colon cancer prevention and specifically a new study in the New England Journal of Medicine  showing improved results for a "combined" DNA testing of stool as a screening method for colorectal cancer.  Find out what it means and have your questions on colon cancer prevention answered at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will expand the conversation with Gastroenterology update after this.  Join me as we talk about the latest and greatest advances in digestive disease and answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS on all things digestive.  Or tweet me at  @doctorira.

TB.  When I was a resident at Bellevue Hospital in the nineties it was a big deal.  Now, in my private practice I rarely think about it.  But TB hasn't gone away, and in the developing world it remains as a difficult, hard to treat problem affecting millions each year.  Join me as I speak with Jezza Neumann, who made "TB: The Silent Killer," which will air on PBS Frontline on March 25th.

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where I will tell you tales from my own office (the tale of the week is definitely Flu B) and answer your questions on all things medical...anything that you forgot to ask your doctor ask me at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

image source:


No comments: