Sunday, January 24, 2016

Monday, January 25th on The Doctor Ira Breite Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Show on SiriusXM 110: Doctor Radio


Big Snow Over!  And the show goes on.  Starting with Dr. Caterina Oneto, who will be talking to us about the recent death of Eagle's co-founder Glenn Frey.  Although we don't know the exact circumstances surrounding Glenn's passing, we do know that people with diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis take medications, such as steroids, Humira or Remicade, that can affect one's ability to fight disease.  Find out what this means to you if you have one of these diseases!

Colitis / medication questions?  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Speaking of calling, after this we're going to expand the whole Gastroenterology Universe.  And yes, I will be talking about that new study in JAMA Internal Medicine looking at the risk of kidney disease in people taking proton pump inhibitor medications (Nexium, Prilosec, etc.)

Any GI topics you want me to talk about on air?  Send me a tweet!

I was a premed.  Although I helped build a light system for parties in my fraternity, its safe to say that I was nobodies idea of a party animal.  But what is it about all those flashing lights and music that is attractive to so many people: literally seeming to loosen us up?  Join me and Dr. Catharine Winstanley as we talk about her research showing that lights and sounds encourage rats to engage in gambling behaviors.

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all: anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.


image source

No comments: