Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tomorrow, April 20, 2009 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114/XM 119


Hello Drivers!  Next week is Driver's week across SiriusXM, and my show is no exception to the rule.  But whether you drive a big rig, a hybrid, or ride a bike (yes, you can have SiriusXM on your motorcycle!) there are lot of important health issues for those of us on the road.  We'll be tackling some of them on the show tomorrow.

Heartburn is a huge problem for all of us: drivers and non drivers alike.  Joining me for a "heartburn duo" is Jill Sklar,  the author of "Eating for Acid Reflux: a Handbook and Cookbook for Those with Heartburn."  The one-two punch of gastroenterologist and cook should help you understand you reflux better and learn how to cope with it while minimizing your medication use! 

If you have any questions about reflux, from the preparation of the right foods to the latest advances in surgical cures, give us at call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

The spring brings it beauty, but it all brings beasts.  Joining me in studio is Doctor Radio Regular and Bug and Germ expert Phillip Tierno, PhD, the author of "The Secret Life of Germs."  We'll be talking about bed bugs (we are all obsessed with bed bugs in New York City at the moment, for reasons that will become clear to you as you listen) and how YOU can protect yourself and your family from infestation this spring and summer.  

You will never look at a hotel room the same way again!

If you have any questions about how to protect your family and yourself from bed bugs and any other creepy crawly thing that might get you when you sleep, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will then combine our two topics!!!  We have all been reading in the news recently about various food infestations (I miss pistachios).  Well, as much as I have skills in treating food born illness, I'd be much happier if it never happened.  Joining me to give tips on how to avoid problems with YOUR food at home is Ms. Shelly Feist of the Partnership for Food Safety Information.  

If you have any questions on keeping your family safe from the things you eat, give us call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Of course, we will have a great segment of ask Dr. Ira, where I will tell you about some of the stuff that I see in my own office as well as taking your calls on ANY MEDICAL TOPIC at all!

Give me a call with any medical question at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

If you have any ideas for a show topic you'd like to hear let me know!  Send me an email to irabreite AT yahoo DOT com!

image is from befoodsafe.org

No comments: