Sunday, October 18, 2009

Monday, October 19th on The Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio!


I am going to begin this posting by telling everyone an office secret: every one asks about poo. And many people ask about their pee. Bodily waste can be an embarrassing topic, and other than when you have a toddler or are in a fraternity in college, most people would just not like to talk about them.

Having said that, just like the New York City Sanitation Department is vital to the running of my City, the successful removal of waste by the human body is essential to life, and problems with excretion, even if not life threatening, are extremely unpleasant to live with. I am extrememly happy that Dr. Anish Sheth, Yale Gastroenterologist the author of "What's Your Poo Telling You?" will be joining us for a full hour(!) to talk about this as well as his latest book "What's My Pee Telling Me?" which he wrote with Josh Richman. Although I have plenty of questions of my own, this is a great time to call and ask any question you may have about bodily waste?

If you've ever wanted to know about the smells, sounds and contents of your bodily wastes and were embarrassed to ask (and I am a little embarrassed to be writing this, so I get that!), now is a great time to call....you don't have to give your real name! Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS !

I recently switched to contact lenses after wearing glasses exclusively for over thirty years. All this has led to a few ophthalmologist trips, some cursing in the bathroom, and several trips to the store to finally buy "cool" sunglasses. But the doctor trips started me thinking a little more about eyes in general, and how excited I was that the contacts seemed to be doing a better job than my regular glasses at correcting them. A recent study may show that uncorrectable problems with eyesight may lead to earlier death for a variety of reasons. Joining me to talk about this study, as well as to discuss some of the common diseases that can affect eyesight, is Dr. Shantan Reddy of NYU's Ophthalmology Department.

If you are worried about your vision, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Of course, we will have a segment of Ask Dr. Ira, where you can ask me any questions you want on any medical topic at all. I will have a Flu Update as well.

Give me a call with all of your medical questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

No comments: