Sunday, April 11, 2010

Monday, April 12th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Doctor Radio: Sirius 114 and XM 119


Happy Birthday to Me! Our show this Monday is my birthday show (my third for Doctor Radio!) and, in addition to my eternal quest for more hair, we will cover some aspects of medicine that are relate more to what I am fascinated by, rather than what I actually do.

I always wanted to be a detective. And although I definitely should not have become a police officer, it is possible for doctors to become detectives. Join me and Mark Pendergrast as we talk about his new book: "Inside the Outbreaks: The Elite Medical Detectives of the Epidemic Intelligence Service." The book tells the story of the Epidemic Intelligence Service, a division of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and its efforts to discover and fight disease in the US and around the world.

If you've ever wanted to know how they figure out that its "the fish" that made someone sick, you will have to listen to this segment. Call us with you own questions about being a medical detective at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

As an internist, I write a lot of prescriptions for sleep medicine. It seems that no one in New York City can actually get to sleep at night. But what about those other sleep disorders: you, know, the weird ones...like sleep-eating, sleep walking, and even sleep sex! Join me and Dr. Mark Mahowald, the Medical Director of the Minnesota Regional Sleep Disorders Center, as we talk about the strange world of parasomnias!

If you have any sleep questions at all, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Every year I get a little closer to bald and a little closer to doing something about it: but I need to hear from the world's experts on what my options are! Joining me to discuss hair loss is Dr. Robert Bernstein, the Founder of the Bernstein Medical Center for Hair Restoration and Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Columbia University in New York. He developed the Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation and is devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss.

Call us with any questions about hair loss at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Even on my birthday, I'm still a doctor. We will end the show with "Ask Dr. Ira," where I will answer any questions you may have on any medical topic at all: just give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

No comments: