Sunday, August 15, 2010

Monday, August 16th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio


Happy Summer. I have been enjoying the relatively good weather that we have been having in August here in New York City (as compared to our hotter than heck July) and I have been taking the time to get in shape. Our first guest, Sheri Colberg, PhD, has written a book to help diabetic athlete's get and stay in shape. Its called the Diabetic Athlete's Handbook, and we will be talking about ways that diabetics of all types (1, 1.5 and 2) can get and stay in shape.

If you or a loved one is a diabetic and wants to stay (or become) athletic give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

In our next segment, Keri Gans is back. Keri, registered dietician is coming out with a new book called the "Small Change Diet." Today we will be talking about what appears to be a new fad: eating a gluten free diet if you do not have celiac disease. We will talk about if this makes sense and answer any questions you may have on diagnosing celiac disease, and the medical and dietary management of this problem.

Call us with your gluten free questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

A special programming note: we will have Ask Dr. Ira during our third segment today: from 9 to 9:30 Eastern time. This is because we have a very special guest at 9:30 EDT: Dr. George Nichopoulos was Elvis Presley's personal physician, and August 16th is the 33rd anniversary of Elvis' death. Although many of us have our own opinions on what happened to Elvis and who enabled him, Dr. Nick has his own story to tell: he just published a book about what happened. Even though I was 11 when Elvis died, I know where I was when I found out and I know who told me and my family. This was big stuff. You are going to want to hear Dr. Nick's side of the story!

1 comment:

Becky Lynch said...

i already gave up on ever getting cured of HSV2 because i have try many treatment none of them work out for me i have go to different hospital they always tell me same thing there is no cure for herpes when i came across a post about Dr ohunyom, in the net from a lady called Angela i contacted him and he reassured me with him herbal medicine which i took according to the way he instructed, that how i was cured. I doubted at first because i have been to a whole lot of reputable doctors, tried a lot of medicines but none was able to cure me. so i decided to listen to him and he commenced treatment, and under two weeks i was totally fee from #Herpes. i want to say a very big thank you to DR ohunyom for what he has done in my life. feel free to leave him a message on email drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973..
He can still be able to help you with this herbs medicine:
1...ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILESY/HPV CURE/LUPUS/HEPATITIS/CANCER/GOUT