Saturday, April 23, 2011

Monday, April 25th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio!


I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am, except for the fact that the NY Rangers just got eliminated from the playoffs (sigh). The Knicks are playing this afternoon...not looking good. Watching the game yesterday almost gave me a heart attack...which brings us to the first topic on Monday's show.

Aspirin. Its a headache cure. It is heart protective. It also causes bleeding, sometimes in the brain. Should you take it? Alfred A. Bartolucci, Ph.D. may have some of the answers. He just completed an analysis of 9 clinical trials looking at whether aspirin prevents heart attacks and death. Find out about the study, and find out if taking aspirin is right for you!

Call us with your aspirin questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

I've been told by my wife that men do not think with their brains. Now it turns out that the brains of men and women may be guided by what lives in your digestive tract! Dr. Sven Pettersson, Professor in the Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology at the Karolinska Institute will be joining us to talk about his new research showing that brain development is guided by the bacteria in your gut! Yes!

Questions about the mind gut interaction? I know I have them! Ask your at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We are going to continue our gut conversation at the top of our second hour! Bert Agus, MD, rheumatologist at NYU Langone and Doctor Radio Regular, will be joining us to talk about the relationship between diseases of the gut, such as Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis, and autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis. I wonder if bacteria has been implicated in those diseases as well? Find out and call us with your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical questions at all and I will be glad to answer...anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me! Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

image source:

No comments: