Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday, September 19th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius XM 81: Doctor Radio!


Medicine has a long history of trying and failing. Things that sound good on paper, or in a small research trial, often fail when exposed to the real world. Post menopausal hormone replacement therapy is a classic example. Join me and NYU neurologist Dr. Keith Siller as we discuss stroke and the “Brain Stent Trial.” What’s the story behind this study, and why do people seem to do better with medications versus the latest in medical technology?

Call us with your stroke, stroke prevention and TIA questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS

The fall is here. And yes, if you are a middle-aged guy its time to winterize yourself: by getting in shape and not getting hurt. Join me and National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board member Paul Ullucci, Jr. as we speak about getting in shape, staying healthy and not getting hurt!

I remember patients who had been exposed to the dust from the World Trade Center start to come in to the office complaining of GERD. They swore there was a relationship. At first, while I was sympathetic, I didn’t believe them. Asthma and cough I understood. But heartburn? It turns out that my initial thoughts were wrong, there is a relationship between 9/11 Toxic Dust and GERD. Join me and Dr. William Chey, the co-editor of the American Journal of Gastroenterology, as we discuss the relationship between GERD symptoms, asthma and post-traumatic stress disorder with exposure to World Trade Center Dust.

Questions about GERD and exposures: give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end the show, as always, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical topics at all and I will be glad to answer them. Anything you forgot to ask your doctor, ask me! Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS

No comments: