Saturday, September 21, 2013

Monday, September 23rd, 2013 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio


Ticks cause all kinds of misery.  But allergies? To meat? Well, maybe.  Join me and allergist Dr. Erin McGintee as we talk about the potential relationship between lone star tick bites and meat allergy!

Having hives?  Not sure why? (I never seem to know why people have hives)  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After that we will have Gastroenterology Update.  As you all know I've been reviewing for my board recertification recently and have discovered my new favorite GI disease: Cannabanoid Hyperemesis Syndrome (really).  But it doesn't have to be about that. Call me with any of your digestive disease questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

I hate the look on a patients face when I tell them I think its not worth it to start antibiotics.  I get it: everyone wants a magic pill that just makes them better.  But most infections are viral and just need time, fever reducers, and a small dose of day time television.  Join me and Tufts Microbiologist Dr. Stuart Levy as we talk about a new CDC "Threat Report" talking about the growing dangers of antibiotic resistance.

We're going to end the show with "Ask Doctor Ira," where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all: anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.


No comments: