Sunday, November 15, 2009

Monday, November 16th, 2009 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show: Sirius 114 and XM119: Doctor Radio


We have a digestive day planned for Monday! Starting with our first half our, when endocrinologist and diabetologist Stuart Weiss, MD joins me to discuss some of the latest findings in diabetes (where of course, you can't digest what you want too) and H1N1. We will also go over some other interesting headlines and talk about prediabetes.

Worried about you borderline sugar, or that of a loved ones? Call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS

As a gastroenterologist, I am a medical expert of the digestive tract. But, sometimes, the only way to heal is with cold steel. Or so the surgeons say. Join me and colorectal surgeon Dr. Brian Harlin as we discuss bowel surgery in everything from Crohn's disease to hemorrhoids.

If you've been told you need surgery on you intestines...and have questions...give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

One of the biggest problems many people have is keeping the weight off. If you can do it, you can often avoid physicians like Stu Weiss. But if you can't, maybe surgery is a reasonable option. Join me and Dr. Marina Kurian, bariatric surgeon and the author of "Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies" as we talk about all of your surgical options if the diet fails.

If you've thought about bariatric surgery for yourself or a loved one, this is a great time to ask a question: give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

As usual, we'll have a full segment of Ask Dr. Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all! We'll also have our weekly H1N1 update and I'll tell you how I'm doing a week after getting my flu mist from Doctor Radio Medical Director Marc Siegel, MD!

Call me with any medical question you have: 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

No comments: