Sunday, December 20, 2009

Monday, December 21st on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio!


As I write this, its snowing here in New York. A lot. I just put away my bike for the winter and am writing this at Chelsea Piers, where I am just about to watch my kids play hockey. They're psyched as school is out already. I'm thinking about the holidays, but I'm also thinking about some of the medical issues that come out during the snowy wintery months.

Osteoporosis is a huge medical problem in men and women. Osteopenia is even more common. The decision of whom to treat and how is extremely confusing to patients, primary care doctors, and even the experts. Joining me to discuss this issue is Dr. Stephen Honig, the Director of The Osteoporosis Center at the Hospital For Joint Disease /NYU-Langone Medical Center. He'll answer my questions about what to do about your bone health, and of course, he'll answer your questions, too!

If you have a question about whether you need to be on calcium, vitamin D, or even medication for osteopenia or osteoporosis, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

As many of you know, I've been on my "non-diet" for about three months now. The holidays are killing me! But for people with celiac disease, this cookie laden time is especially difficult. Joining me to talk about Celiac disease, including a new study showing that its incidence may have increased significantly, is Laurie Higgins of the Joslin Diabetes Center.

If you have any questions at all about celiac disease, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

I live in NYC, and therefore haven't shoveled snow since I was a kid. But that's not true for most of our listeners. And, as someone who takes care of a lot of Superintendents and doormen, I have seen plenty of back injuries as a result of the snow. Joining me to talk about back pain and back surgery is neurosurgeon Dr. Jack Stern.

Of course, we'll end the show with Ask Dr. Ira. Call me with any questions at all that you have on any medical topic at all at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

No comments: