Sunday, July 14, 2013

Monday, July 15th, 2013 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!



We have a great show planned for Monday.  Starting with colon cancer. Dr. Thomas Weber, a colorectal surgeon and the President of the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation will be talking to us about the rise in the diagnosis of this disease in young people and Treatment for this disease.

Colon Cancer questions...call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS

After that we'll expand the digestive disease conversation to anything at all: liver, pancreas, the gallbladder..anything at all on Digestive Disease Update.

You can call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS or tweet me at @doctorira.

We have been a little fascinated by stool on this show: given my specialty its not surprising.  But how about using stool as a treatment.  Join me at author Marie Myung-Ok Lee, who teaches writing at Columbia, as we discuss her recent NY Times essay "Why I donated My Stool."  Find out about stool transplants for ulcerative colitis and a variety of other intestinal diseases.

We will end the show, as usual, with "Ask Doctor Ira," where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all...it does not matter what it is: anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Give me a call or a tweet.

image source:

1 comment: