Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday, November 18th, 2013 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!

via Squatty Potty 

As I've been preparing for my Food Poisoning talk at the American Museum of Natural History I've been thinking about some weird medical problems: hot feeling cold, seizure causing pork, and cannibalism related dementia (don't eat other peoples brains).  So I am very excited that  Dr. Clifton K. Meador will be joining us to talk about his latest book: "Fascinomas: Fascinating Medical Mysteries." Find out what a fascinoma is and call us about your own strange medical symptoms!

After this, we will have Gastroenterology Update: where I will tell you some of the latest and greatest news in the world of digestive disease and answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Ok, we talk about bowel movements all the time on my show.  It is, as they say, the safe place where you can do it.  We spend a lot of time talking about fiber, about fluids, and about medications.  But what about your toilet itself?  Despite its ubiquity in the US, the "squat" toilet is standard in parts of the world.  Given that, we decided to reach out to Bobby Edwards, the creator of the "Squatty Potty," an ergonomic way of going to the bathroom.  He will be joined my his medical advisor, gastroenterologist Dr. Roger Siddoway, MD FACG.

We will end the show, as usual, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any medical question on any topic at all: it does not matter what it is: anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!

Call me at 1-877-NYU-DOCS or tweet me!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to hear the verdict on the Squatty-Potty. What do you think? Is it a bunch of BS or is there some validity to it?
Heidi