Sunday, June 8, 2014

Monday, June 9th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!


Getting ready for summer?  So are we.  And what makes summer more summery than diet? We are talking diets medical and lifestyle all show.

Starting with the medical.  Dr. Gina Sam of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai will be joining us to talk about Celiac disease, gluten intolerance and the Fodmap diet.  What's the big deal and what should you do?

Gas, bloat, diet?  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS or send me a tweet.

After that, we will expand the conversation to all of gastroenterology.  Call or tweet me with any questions on anything digestive: stomach, liver, pancreas, colon and even the gallbladder.

I am still not sure what a superfood is.  I somehow imagine broccoli wearing spandex and a cape, but I have a feeling that is not quite correct.  Also, while I don't mind broccoli, is there really any advantage to eating it (or anything else) raw.  Join me and Keri Gans, RDN as we talk about the raw food diet: who benefits and who should avoid it. And the evils of white bread.  Come on, you know there is a comic book in there somewhere.

We will end the show, as usual, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical topic at all..give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.




You can buy Superbroccoli as a tee shirt (at least in Canada).

No comments: