Sunday, July 12, 2009

Monday, July 13th, 2009 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show: Sirius 114 and XM 119, Doctor Radio!


Here I sit, recovering from a night of barbecue and homemade bread, while in a lab somewhere, rhesus monkeys that were starved are living longer than those that ate a "normal diet." What does this mean. Join me tomorrow and hear about this latest research and call with your questions for me and Keri Gans, Dietitian, about this interesting issue!

As a gastroenterologist, I spend a lot of time thinking about gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), but my practice consists of adults. GERD is increasing as a problem in younger people as well. I'll be discussing this problem with Beth Anderson, of the Pediatric Adolescent Gastroesophageal Association.

If you have a baby, a child, or a teenager with reflux and need practical questions answered, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Do you know someone who keeps pulling at her hair? Eat it even? Yes, this is a serious problem for some people (wait till you hear about one of my patients and how she almost ended up in surgery from it!). Join me and Dr. Jon Grant of the University of Minnesota, the author of "Stop Me Because I Can't Stop Myself" to talk about hair pulling and other impulse control issues.

If you or a loved one pulls their hair or has other problems with hair pulling, we have one of the world's experts to help answer your questions! Call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Of course, we will have Ask Dr. Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical topic at all: as a primary care doctor and gastroenterologist, I love to help you with your medical problems! Give the show a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

PHOTO CREDIT: University of Wisconsin-Madison, photo by Jeff Miller

No comments: