Sunday, July 5, 2009

Monday, July 6th 2009 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio


I hope your Fourth of July was great. Mine was, and we just returned from a long weekend of exercise (sort of), eating too much (for real) and eating too much sweet stuff (ditto). Do I have a show for me!

We are going to start off talking about grilling and try to answer a question that seems to afflict some of my guests: What about all the vegetarian food. Keri Gans will be joining us to talk about this issue, and we'll be happy to answer any of your summer grilling questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Can exercise kill you? Although its something I often tell my wife in an effort to get out of it, there is a rare symptom of something called exercise induced anaphylaxis, which very well might. Find out about this scary disorder, and have your summer allergy questions answered by my guests Courtney Roush, who wrote an article about this in Running Times Magazine and Dr. Allen Kaplan, an allergist. Call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

You may have thought that you lucked out after that exercise segment (sorry, you still have too), but our third segment promises to be extremely interesting for those of you worried about sugar. Nancy Stedman from More magazine will be here to talk to me about the worrisome relationship of sugar with a variety of diseases.

We will end up the show with "Ask Dr. Ira," where you can call me at 1-877-NYU-DOCS and ask me about any medical problem at all and I will be happy to answer you. When you forgot to ask your own doctor ask me!

image source:

No comments: