Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monday, January 25, 2010 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114 and XM 119: Doctor Radio


I have just returned from the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show in New York, where, despite the fact that not a single thing reminded me of anything on our show Monday, I had a great time. I am very happy that Triumph made a comeback to the show, even if it was as a dealer. I'll make sure to add in some of the great things that I saw for "medical reasons" when we do trucker's health on Doctor Radio! Please, no ER jokes; I get enough of those.

Onto the show. We have an excellent show planned, complete with multiple gastroenterology topics with a little pain thrown in. We are going to start off by talking a little bit about eosinophillic esophagitis and related disorders. Sometimes, its not heartburn! If you've had a problem with food allergy, hard to control reflux symptoms, or even narrowing or strictures, give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS. An expert from the American Partnership for Eosinophillic Disorders will be joining me.

Dr. David Kloth of Connecticut Pain Care will be joining me after this. As we all know, the abuse of pain medications is a difficult and growing problem. Recently, a woman in Colorado was arrested for using patient's injectable pain medications herself. Unfortunately, the patients then received her dirty needles and some of them came down with hepatitis C. We will talk about a new law being proposed called NASPER – or National All Schedules Prescription Electronic Reporting Act. Find out about this, and also find out what you can do if you are worried about a loved ones use (or abuse) of pain medications...give uys a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Ian Lustbader, MD, my fellow gastroenterologist from NYU, will be joining me to talk about a new blood test that may help to detect colon cancer early. Also joining me will be Dr. Nadir Arber of theIntegrated Cancer Prevention Center at Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and The Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Find out about CD24, a possible new marker in the fight against colon cancer! Also, have your colon cancer questions answered (on two continents) at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Of course, we'll have ask Dr. Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all. Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

image source:

No comments: