Sunday, October 23, 2011

Monday, October 24th on The Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81


I am writing this at a hockey rink in Freeport, NY, where I am being tempted, in the stress before my son's game by the snack bar. And if the relatively minor stress of midget hockey makes me want to eat, imagine a real stressful event such as a loved one in the hospital. Keri Gans, RD, and author of "The Small Change Diet," will be joining me to talk about healthy eating in times of stress. Its not only the patient: caregivers need to take care of themselves as well!

Problems with stressful eating: give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Then its time for Gastroenterology Update: post call edition! where I will you some of the latest and greatest news in digestive disease and you can call me with your digestion questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Some topics we will be discussing include new treatment possibilities in hepatitis C, and the emergence of crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis as growing worldwide problems.

Speaking of digestive disease, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Dr. David Fleisher of the University of Missouri will be back to talk about this difficult to manage condition.

Vomiting issues? Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical topic at all...anything you forgot to ask your doctor, ask me. Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Follow me on twitter at @DoctorIra

No comments: