Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monday, January 30th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 81: Doctor Radio!


Did you ever wonder how they came up with the word "atorvastatin?" Did you wonder even more why they just don't keep calling it "Lipitor?" And aren't you really glad you don't have to call it (3R,5R)-7-[2-(4-fluorophenyl)-3-phenyl-4-(phenylcarbamoyl)-5-propan-2-ylpyrrol-1-yl]-3,5-dihydroxyheptanoate! Join me and Dr. Carmen Drahl as we talk about the how drugs get their generic names. Learn why I was a Chemistry Minor in college and NOT a chemistry major!

If you have any questions about drugs or drug names give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After that, we will have Gastroenterology Update! I will take your calls on digestive diseases: any problem you have, be it heartburn, colonoscopy questions or gas, give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

Speaking of gas, irritable bowel syndrome is always a hot topic on the Doctor Ira Breite Show. Recently, many gastroenterologists have been recommending probiotics for their patients with IBS. But there is another (although not FDA approved) option: the use of antibiotics to regulate gut flora. Join me and Dr. William Chey, the co-editor of the American Journal of Gastroenterology, as we talk about the latest study in the Journal on the use of rifamixin in IBS!

IBS? Problems? Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical topics at all: anything you forgot to ask you doctor, ask me! Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Follow me on Twitter!

image source:

No comments: