Sunday, August 12, 2012

Monday, August 13th, 2012 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio.


I hope you are enjoying the end of the Olympics.  Currently I am watching team rhythm gymnastics (who knew?) and thinking about what a great show we have planned for tomorrow. One of the little ironies of the Olympics is that I spend a lot of time indoors watching it.  Bad for the shape, good for the sun exposure.  And scars, because, although I seem to hurt myself all the time participating in sports, I seem to be pretty safe on the couch.  Joining me to talk about scar prevention and repair is plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Schaffner, the director of the Juva Plastic Surgery Center here in New York City.  

Scar? Unhappy about it?  Call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After that, we will have Gastroenterology Update, where I will update you on the latest in the world of digestive disease and I will answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Rabies.  Not that common in the United States, but, if you've ever been bitten by a strange dog,squirrel or bat, you know the fear.  I was taught in medical school that rabies is almost universally fatal.  But what if some people were immune to rabies effects?  Join Dr. Amy Gilbert and Dr. Sergio Recueno of the CDC as we talk about a group of people in the Peruvian Amazon who have been exposed to rabies but do not get sick.  Learn how their strength may help all of us.

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any topic at all: it does not matter what it is.  Anything you forgot to ask your doctor, ask me!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

No comments: