Sunday, February 24, 2013

Monday, February 25, 2013 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio


Its been 5 years since I started doing this show on Doctor Radio, which didn't even officially "exist" when we started broadcasting...that would come several months later.  So how best to celebrate this anniversary than with coffee: a coffee enema?  I won't lie: even though I am a gastroenterologist I am not familiar (yet) with this practice.  So when Melanie was able to get ahold of Mike and his wife, who were recently on The Learning Channel's "My Strange Addiction," I was intrigued.  Learn what made them start this controversial therapy and what medical science knows about this procedure.

Questions about alternative GI therapies? Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After this we will expand the conversation with "Gastroenterology Update," where I will tell you some of the latest and greatest news from the world of gastroenterology and answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Colon Cancer Prevention Month is upon us.  And we are going to be talking about it!  Joining us will be NYU gastroenterologist Sophie Balzora, MD.  We'll be talking about colonoscopy and colon cancer screening in general and also about screening in specific populations, such as certain minority groups.  Colon Cancer Prevention Questions?  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

We will end the show, as always, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any medical question on any medical topic at all: anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Give us a call at 1-8777-NYU-DOCS or follow and send me a message on Twitter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you address the problems that fibromyalgia can cause different people. I am one of the lucky ones who has it, and when i wake up in the morning, I can barely move from joint and muscle pains. I take pain meds, but it is so miserable that just if I do a little housework or anything around the house, I have such a hard problem getting going. Can Fibromyalgia be mistaken for other disorders. What is something I can do to make things more tolerable in the am. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

from the above post, I do not have internet doctor radio, so will this be addressed in a written message. Thanks.