Sunday, June 2, 2013

Monday, June 3rd, 2013 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio


I enjoyed the day off on Memorial Day, but I am glad to be getting back on the radio.  During Gastroenterology Update, one of the little lines I use is "any digestive question...even the pancreas!"  After enough pancreas questions, I figure its time we get back to pancreas basics.  Join me and Mount Sinai Chief of Endoscopy Dr. Christopher Dimaio as we talk about this long misunderstood organ!  Or at least the exocrine part of it (yes, a little doctor joke right there)

Pancreatitis? Gallstones? Pancreas Cancer?  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After that we will expand the conversation with Gastroenterology Update.  Call me with all of your questions on anything digestive at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We've all heard horror stories about patient's who have had, for lack of a better work, stuff left in them. Sponges, forceps and even scalpels.  Despite sponge and instrument counts, x-rays, checklists, nervous circulating nurses and worried surgeons, the problem persists.  Join me a New York Hospital Surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Port as we talk about this problem and some new high tech ways that are being developed to help stop it!

We will end the show, as usual, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions you have on any medical topic at all: anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me.  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

image source:

No comments: