Sunday, July 28, 2013

Monday, July 29th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!


Drinking. Eating.  The summer.  Makes me think of good times, and, well, the pancreas!  This mysterious organ, the maker of insulin and digestive juice, a bad place to get cancer, and sensitive (maybe) to alcohol and spider bites, is the topic of conversation during our first hour of the show.   Let's get further acquainted with it.  Join me and Dr. Christopher DiMaio of the Mount Sinai Medical Center as we talk about the one thing that seems to scare general surgeons!

Fun Pancreas Fact: the pancreas is full of digestive juices, that, if leaked, would literally digest your other organs!

Pancreas (or gallbladder) problems...give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.  Or tweet me @doctorira.

Speaking of digestive juices: Last week I confessed that I stopped at McDonald's for the first time in quite a while.  Its not that I'm morally opposed to fast food (I own a deep frier) but I do try to avoid it as a regular thing and Melanie called me on it.  So much so that she is having me speak with epidemiologist Dr. Mark Pereira on "Fast Food and Your Body."  Dr. Pereira is an expert on dietary patterns and the origins of obesity, type II diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

We will end the show, as usual, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me anything on any medical topic and I will be happy to answer you...give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!  Anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Tweet me at @doctorira as well!

image source:

No comments: