Sunday, June 5, 2016

Monday, June 6th, 2016 on the Doctor Ira Breite Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine Show on SiriusXM 110: Doctor Radio!


There has been a lot of coverage in the news about the problems with opioid medication overuse and while this is  huge concern, what happens when you have significant acute pain.  As anyone who has surgery knows,  it hurts afterwards!  While narcotic use after surgery, particularly orthopedic surgery, is not going away, there are alternatives: find out with me and anesthesiologist Anita Gupta, PharmD, DO of the Drexel University College of Medicine.

After that, we'll have GI Update, where I will tell you the latest and greatest in the world of digestive diseases and answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS! Or send me a tweet.

Two things that have never occurred to me in the same thought are "fashion" and "tuberculosis." Join me and Dr. Carolyn Day, PhD, of Furman University as we talk about her research and her upcoming book, "Consumptive Chic: A History of Fashion, Beauty and Disease."

Thoughts on the relationship between fashion and health?  Let us know at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end the show, as usual, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic at all...anything you forgot to ask your doctor as me!  Give me a call or tweet!



image source:

No comments: