Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tommorow on The Doctor Ira Breite Show on Sirius 114, Doctor Radio


Halloween. Not necessarily my idea of a great time, but the kids, and a fair number of adults really seem to love it. As do candy companies. I will be talking with two nutritionists about this: Laurie Higgins who is registered dietitian at the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston. She is also specializes in celiac disease and food allergies. I will also be talking with Roberta Anding, who in addition to being the Sports Dietician for the Houston Texans is also a Clinical Dietician in Adolcecent Sports Medicine at Baylor University in Texas. My family routes for UT, but we will all be civil!

You can call us at 1-877-NYU-DOCS and ask me and my guests any questions you may have about candy and kids, particulary those with diabetes or a nutrtional disorder. This would also be a great time to ask about your young athelete and the training table!

Its flu shot season, again. We've been tortuing you on Doctor Radio, trying to get you to get one. However, I haven't gotten one yet! But I will tommorow, LIVE ON THE AIR! You never know what will happen when my boss, Marc Siegel, MD, the medical director of Doctor Radio and an associate professor of Medicine here at NYU, gives me my shot. Marc is an expert not only on the flu, but on the bird flu (he wrote a book about this).

Finally, we will have a whole hour of ask Dr. Ira. Call me with your questions on any medical topic at all (at 1-877-NYU-DOCS) and I will tell you about some of the interesting things I have seen in my own office (and there is some weird stuff going on here in NY) as well as answering your emails!!!

No comments: