Sunday, April 21, 2013

Monday, April 22nd, 2013 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!


I have been enjoying my birthday gifts tremendously.  First amongst them is the pasta maker I received from my children.  The good news is I have gotten pretty darn good at making fresh pasta (thank you Mario Batali!).  The bad news is that heartburn abounds and I may be coughing a bit.  Join me and Dr. Jamie Koufman, the author of "Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook and Cure" as we talk about silent reflux, laryngeal reflux, and all of those other non-heartburn related reflux symptoms!

Call us with your "silent GERD" questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will then expand the conversation to all of digestive disease.  During Gastroenterology Update I will tell you some of the latest and greatest news from the world of digestive disease and answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!  Tweet me as well.

As much as I love treating digestive disease, I can not lie: treating irritable bowel syndrome can be difficult.  Alternative therapy is just that: but for IBS it may be a reasonable option if more routine measures don't work.  Join me as I speak with Dr. Mark Weisberg and Dr. Gregory Plotnkioff as we speak about their new book Trust Your Gut: Get Lasting Healing from IBS and Other Chronic Digestive Problems Without Drugs.  Find out what they have to say about trusting your gut, and give us a call with your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end the show, as usual, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can call me with any medical questions you may have.  Anything your forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

image source (microbiome in kids with and without IBS)

No comments: