Sunday, April 7, 2013

Monday, April 8th on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio!


I hope everybody is well.  I am still recovering from last weeks "roller derby and the microbiome show last week."  Two results.  First, I am planning on seeing the Manhattan Mayhem play next week.  Second, I have become even more fascinated with the human microbiome.  To that end, we are going to talk about some of the ways it can be passed from one person to the other.  If you've gone to the dentist recently, it sort of feels like you've entered a biohazard area.  Gloves, masks, gowns and sterilizers abound: my dentist's office feels more like an operating room than many operating rooms I've been in...but is it clean?  Join me and Dr. Bruce Paster of the Forsyth Institute as we talk about bacteria on the dental bib....

Then down the mouth to Gastroenterology Update where I will tell you some of the latest and greatest news in the world of gastroenterology and answer your digestive disease questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

While I am going to the Roller Derby this weekend, it is not uncommon to find me at a variety of sporting events, and baseball season has just started.  Its a long game, and there is an ever growing list of menu items available (yes, I have had the sushi at a game.  But I've also had the fried cheese curds in gravy).    Join me and registered dietician Rachel Berman as we talk about Baseball Season and Serious Stadium Eats: Counting the Calories!

Give us a call with your favorite stadium eats at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical topic at all...it does not matter what it is.  Anything you forgot to ask your doctor, ask me!  Give us a call at 1-877NYU-DOCS.  And, a brief swine flu update!

image source:
PNC Park has introduced the Brunch Burger this season. The recipe calls for sprinkled-donut (sorry, sprinkled-glazed-donut) buns along with beef, maple bacon, cheddar cheese and a fried egg in the middle. Orders have exceeded expectations and customers seem pretty satisfied, according to the video.




No comments: