Sunday, October 27, 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013 on the Doctor Ira Breite Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio.


Its Halloween.  Apparently its been Halloween in NYC all weekend, with parties costumes, and very large quantities of candy for kids and more adult oriented snacks for everyone else.  Which brings us to our show tomorrow.

For the snacks: GERD.  But while reflux is always a trick and never a treat, for those people with Barrett's esophagus and dysplasia it is especially so.  Join me and Dr. Nicholas Shaheen of UNC as we talk about RFA ablation for Barrett's and how ablating the bad cells appears to keep working.  Call us with your Barrett's questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

After this we will expand the conversation to not just GERD and Barrett's but to all of gastroenterology.  Join me for Gastroenterology Update, where I will tell you some of the latest and greatest news in the world of digestive disease and answer your tweets and questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Now more the more adult oriented.  As I was getting around NYC, I saw hundreds of ghosts, ghouls, zombies and some costumes that clearly shouldn't be described in oriented health blog. But what I didn't see was costume contact lenses.  Honestly, I didn't think anyone besides actors ever wore them.  It took me long enough to realize people wore contacts to change their eye color.  Join me and NYU Ophthalmologist and Doctor Radio Show Host Dr. Elisabeth J. Cohen as we talk about costume contact lenses: who knew anyone would stick something like that in their eyes?  How safe are they?  We'll find out!

We will end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any questions on any medical topic at all and I'll be glad to answer it...anything that you forgot to ask your doctor ask me!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.


No comments: