Sunday, October 18, 2015

Monday, October 19th, 2015 on the Doctor Ira Breite Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Show on SiriusXM 110: Doctor Radio



I've had surgery several times.  Although it hurts after and leaves a scar, its usually 'over' once it heals.  But bariatric weight loss surgery may be different.  Join me as I speak to Dr. Carol Lindsay-Westphal, PhD at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System and a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor as we talk about the psychological benefits and potential risk of weight loss surgery.

Wondering what could make you feel worse about losing weight?  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

Then its gastroenterology update, where I will tell you some of the latest and greatest news in the world of digestive disease. Think probiotics and colonoscopy....really. Give me a call with your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS! or send me a tweet.

I saw a woman with a urinary tract infection last week.  No big deal: until the culture showed that the commonly used antibiotic I gave her wouldn't work.  Join me and Dr. Stuart Levy of the Tufts University School of Medicine as we speak about the new wave of antibiotic resistance.

We'll end the show, as usual, with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any medical question on any topic at all...anything you forgot to ask your doctor ask me at 1-877-NYU-DOCS! (or by tweet of course!)

image source:

No comments: