Sunday, November 15, 2015

Monday, November 16th, 2015 on the Doctor Ira Breite Gastroenterology and Medicine Show on SiriusXM 110: Doctor Radio!

Blood pressure is a big problem.  While we know that it leads to heart attacks and strokes, there are two big issues.  The first is we don't know "how low to go." The second is that treatment is difficult with many people requiring multiple medications to lower their pressure even moderately.  Join me and Dr. Kevin Campbell as we talk about blood pressure in light of the new data released by the American Heart Association.

Questions about your blood pressure (or the side effects of your blood pressure medication?)  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS.

After this we will have digestive disease update, where I will tell you the latest and greatest in the world of digestive disease and answer your questions on all things digestive at 1-877-NYU-DOCS! Or send me a tweet.  

After our excellent talks on the microbiome and antibiotic resistance, I thought it would be great to get some real world germ examples. Join me and Dr. Charles Gerba of the University of Arizona in Tuscon as we talk about where germs lurk.  Some questions to ponder: Which has more bacteria: a man's apartment or a woman's?  Whose desk has more bacteria.  And what is living on toothbrushes, grocery bags and in your kids school desk (this one I don't even want to think about).  

We'll end the show with Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any question on any medical topic and I'll be happy to answer.  Give us a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

No comments: