Sunday, November 23, 2014

Monday, November 24th, 2014 on the Doctor Ira Breite Internal Medicine Show on SiriusXM 81: Doctor Radio


Happy Thanksgiving.  I'm dieting as we speak getting ready for the day.  But what did the Pilgrims and Native Americans eat at the first Thanksgiving?  Join me and Sandy Oliver, Food Historian and the co-author of "Giving Thanks: Thanksgiving Recipes and History, From Pilgrims to Pumpkin Pie," as we talk about the first holiday menu, health in the 17th Century, and of course, your holiday favorites!

After all that talking about food it will be time for what else: gastroenterology update, where I will tell you the latest and greatest news in the world of digestive disease and answer your questions at 1-877-NYU-DOCS! You can also send me a tweet.

One of the things that I give thanks for is that I am a member of Homo sapiens.  Sure beats being a Neanderthal.  Why?  Find out from Drs. Anthony Pagano, Samuel Márquez and Dr. Jeffrey Laitman as we talk about their new research on whether Neanderthals were a sub-species of modern humans.

We end the show with a special holiday Ask Doctor Ira, where you can ask me any medical question on any topic at all. You can also ask me food safety tips!  Give me a call at 1-877-NYU-DOCS!

No comments: